VACANCY: Executive Director Position
Committed to the realization of its vision, mission and objectives, the board of AfICTA approved the engagement of a full-time Executive Secretary to run the affairs of the Alliance subject to its direction. The responsibility of the Executive Secretary shall include:
- Oversees all of the activities of the Alliance, including marketing and growth;
- Be responsible for all fiscal and financial matters of the Alliance;
- Be responsible for all aspects of policy development, lobbying, and external communications of the Alliance;
- Be responsible for the hiring, incenting, and dismissal of the Alliance’s staff and, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, the engagement of a public policy director or advisor and legal counsel;
- Be responsible for the formulation of policies and procedures, including those for membership and elections; implementation of resolutions of the Board of Directors: and administration of competitive bidding procedures for the Board’s selection of events;
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Alliance's website and for creating and safeguarding the Alliance's intellectual property, including its logo
- Be responsible for such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated to him by the Chairman or the Board.
- The Executive Director shall report directly to the Chairman and serve the Board.
- Must be a citizen of Africa
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of MSc in Computer Science or related courses
- Aged between (25-50) years at the point of entry, though retired ICT professional may apply
- Good personal relationship and communication skill
- Must be proficient in English language with French Language as an advantage
- Web development, deployment and management expertise
- Managerial capacity
Please complete the application form below by 18 September, 2017 if you wish to apply.